Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Weddings

I heard something on tv last night that just seems so true.

Wedding celebrations are too big, and anniversary celebrations are too small.

We act as if the wedding is an end in itself instead of a seed that has the potential of one day growing into something truely wonderful and grand. Shouldn 't the size of the celebration grow as the marriage endures trials and the couple passes significant milestones in their lives together?

I very much like the symbolism of a small intimate wedding with the 5, 10, 25, and 50 year anniversaries growing bigger and progressively more celebratory to include new family and friends, children, and grandchildren.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Ma Beck said...

I don't know what channel you heard that on, but that's wisdom!
My anniversary is WAY bigger and better than my wedding day.
I keep thinking to myself, "Could it be possible that I actually love him MORE than the day we married?!"
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?